Tuesday, February 26, 2008

pantone 520

so i suppose i should introduce the name, pantone 520, to those of you who have no idea what that might mean.

a "pantone + number" is a simply genius way of categorizing color to make design and printing endeavors less complicated.  

so there are hundreds upon hundreds of pantones -- all with a designated number to coordinate with the various hues. 

needless to say, as with all things, i have a favorite pantone.  520 is simply the most amazing color.  it's the perfect shade of purple -- not too eggplant, not too dark, not too girly, not too majestic, it's simply divine.

i will say, at this present time, i have a crush on all things black and white (hence my website, www.micamaydesign.com) but my true love lies with pantone 520.


4 comments:

miabella said...

and i have to say that mine, dear sister, are

306 and 374.

i am quite intrinsically satisfied with picking things up in those colors every day.

I LOVE YOU!

Chad and Erin Davis said...

I prefer to select my color choices based on OPI nail polish names. If it ain't an OPI color, I ain't interested.

=) just kidding MMMM. love the blog.

lv. erin (of theoldcigarbox.blogspot.com) bam. shameless self-promotion at your service.

Stacey said...

Well.... I chose my last OPI color based on the name "Daughter of the King," which is quite amazing because that's what's true! Yeah, it's def. a choice of color by name for me.

Nicki said...

excellent post, stranger. I don't know you, but I like your writing style -- and your thinking. I found your site through a friend that I would describe as the color pantone 520. He's is simply wonderful as well.